RESEARCH ASSISTANT INTERN
The Utah Museum of Contemporary Art is excited to welcome a Research Assistant Intern for 2021 Spring quarter!
UMOCA’s rich and vibrant history began nearly 90 years ago, when an ambitious woman named Alta Rawlins Jensen set out to create what The Salt Lake Telegram described as a “Greenwich Village for Salt Lake.”
Open to all, UMOCA is Utah’s only museum solely devoted to contemporary art and culture. Through advocacy, collaboration, and programming, we work with artists and communities to build a better world.
The Research Assistant will help achieve that mission by working directly with the Executive Director to conduct thorough research and analysis of relevant museum projects and topics.
4-6 months, beginning January 2021, unpaid, 8-12 hours per week
UMOCA loves working with students seeking college credit.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree, or recent graduate. Art History or English degrees preferred.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Able to analyze, interpret, and present information in a timely and professional manner.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Articulate and passionate about contemporary art.
To apply, please send a resume (required), cover letter (required), and two professional references (optional) to email@example.com with subject line “Intern Application 2021 Research”
As with all our visitors, we want curiosity and creativity to be your guide and we look forward to welcoming your unique contributions.