DEVELOPMENT INTERN – UTAH MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART
The development intern, supervised by the development director, provides a wide array of support to the fundraising efforts at UMOCA. By supporting fundraising and donor relations, the successful applicant will gain insight into the processes necessary to run an efficient, multi-faceted nonprofit that builds relationships with donors.
4-6 months, starting January 2021, 10-15 hours per week
- Research and identify available government and private funding opportunities.
- Working with the marketing team to create and implement social media campaigns that promote UMOCA to stakeholders and different segments of our target demographics;
- Creating engaging online content via Google Grants, and monitor analytics to draw in and maintain a wide audience.
- Assisting the drafting and distribution of UMOCA’s monthly membership newsletter and other materials.
- Creating and sending acknowledgment letters to donors weekly.
- Sitting in on development webinars and producing accurate, professional notes and takeaway.
- Using and maintaining our customer relationship management database.
- Completing various other tasks and special projects.
- Understand how to write donor acknowledgements and their importance in maintaining donor relationships
- Learn how to use grant research software, such as Foundation Directory, and donor relations management database, Giftworks.
- Understand foundations of donor relations and stewardship.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree, or recent graduate.
- Reliable, self-motivated, independent, and able to take on a project assignment and ask for help when needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of social media management, marketing, and/or communications a plus.
- Social, articulate, and a self-starter unafraid to take initiative.
To apply, please send a resume (required), cover letter (required), and two professional references (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Intern Application 2021 Development”