Art + Family Activities
UMOCA Invites You To Good Blood
Come participate in the mid-exhibition event Good Blood based on artist instructions from do it: the compendium. Enjoy art, refreshments and snacks plus activities for adults and children alike.
Good Blood Program of Activities:
• Participatory performance art based on Good Blood instructions by Lygia Pape
• Special “Good Blood” concoction provided by Blue Star Juice
• Children’s “Doodle” activities inspired by artist Uri Aran
• Chili paste cooking performance and giveaways inspired by Rikrit Tiravanija
• “Signature” activity based on instructions by Annette Messager
APR 18 | 6-9 PM
Art Fitness Training
Seeing vs Looking
Join UMOCA for our contemporary art education program, Art Fitness Training. With an emphasis on close observation and easy to grasp principles, this three-part, participatory workshop is designed to give all audiences the ability to appreciate even the most difficult contemporary art.
With your new found confidence you can flex your contemporary art muscles at museums and private collections throughout the city. More>
APR 26 | 11 AM - 1:30 PM
Premiere Film Screening
By cult filmmaker Trent Harris
When a young beauty finds her much older lover dead, Luna is led around the world, and beyond, as she searches for the cause of his death.
Trent Harris will also host a Q&A following the screening.
APR 25 | 6 PM
Admission is an $8 suggested donation. An RSVP is required to Michelle Sulley by April 23.